Unavailable fonts and greyed out section numbering tab

Andy Smith (WFL) andy.smith at wingedfeet.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 06:11:05 PST 2012

Hi

I'm using Frame 10 on Windows 7 64 bit. The printer is a Brother HL1450 or an HP CM1415fnw.

I've isolated the section of the book that contains the offending font as there is only one file that reports the problem when I open the sections individually. I thought it was Courier New so I changed it to Courier Std as this is the only section where I've used Courier but I've just realised that the console is reporting the following:

The "ƒqƒ‰ƒMƒmŠpƒS Pro W3" Font is not available.
  "MS Mincho" will be used in this session.

It doesn't look like this on the screen but it looks like the console is displaying some substitute characters. (I've copied this out of the console and this is what it pastes.)

I've been through all the text and I can't find this font shown in any of the character formats and neither is the substitute font. I created the document myself and it's never been off of my PC. When I created the document I'm pretty sure I washed the text through notepad as it came from a Word file from my client. At the very least I used paste special to paste "Text." I've also looked at the character formats and the offending font doesn't appear in any of those either.

After a bit of confusion I've run that character format Find routine and it allows me to search for all the fonts on my PC with the offending font at the bottom of the list. Searching for that font it runs the Find and reports that it's not found in the document.

Any ideas?