File Info. - Automatic Population

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Sun Feb 26 09:16:10 PST 2012

Joe,

You wrote:

>Is there anything built into Framemaker that will allow for the automatic
>population of (some of) the File Info meta data fields?
>We are using Frame 9 + 10 in our group here.

In addition to the options mentioned (using Extendscript in FM10,
FrameScript, and a PostScript text frame with which uses a variable or a
cross-reference as part of a pdfmark command )...

With the FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers add-on, there is an option to
populate the Title automatically with the text of the top bookmark (as part
of the conversion to PDF).

For more information related to File Info / metadata fields, see
http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF01.html ,
http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF36.html

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants

1-hr free webinar: "Creating Interactive PDF Forms using FrameMaker"
Feb 28, starting 10am PST: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/221822814