Opening a PDF file from FM 9 to a named destination

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Sun Jan 1 14:49:54 PST 2012

Hi,

I am using FM 9, latest patch, under Windows 7 (32-bit).

I have a simple FM file (3 pages) with a named
destination created via a hypertext command
(Specify Named Destination) on page 2 and a
hyperlink (Jump To Named Destination) to it on
page 3. I create the PDF file using the Adobe
Printer. In the PDF Setup I have specified Create links and Tags as well.

I need to be able to open the file using a URL
command as below, in a navigator like Internet
Explorer. It should open to the correct location on page 2 using this command.

file:///c:/max_jan1.pdf#nameddest=TagForMax

The PDF opens to page 1, not page 2 where the
Named Destination is located. But the hyperlink
on page 3 works, as clicking it brings me to page 2, to the exact location.

Any suggestions? I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Thx in advance and Happy New Year!

Stephen

Stephen O'Brien
Coordonnateur à la documentation / Documentation Coordinator
Rédacteur technique senior / Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels inc. / InnovMetric Software Inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
www.twitter.com/PolyWorks
www.facebook.com/InnovMetric

PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform (TM)
PolyWorks, la plate-forme logicielle universelle de métrologie 3D (TM)