How to use some characters of 'symbola'

Michael Böhme boehme at gmx.de
Sun Jan 8 05:51:28 PST 2012

Hi,
I have a problem using the unicode font 'symbola.ttf':
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/font/symbola/index.htm

I installed this font, and it works well in Microsoft Word. What I looked
for was a symbol for a steam locomotive (and other).
The unicode sequence is 1F682.

I tried to insert this symbol into my FM 9 document with PopChar 5.2, but
the result was a '?' only.
The file>utilities>Character palette of FM9 does not show these symbol, but
shows other characters of the 'symbola' font. These other characters I can
enter into my FM9-document.

What is the underlying problem?
What exactly I have to do, to insert my steam locomotive?

Michael

(FM9, Win Vista 32)