Opening a PDF file from FM 9 to a named destination

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Tue Jan 10 13:59:14 PST 2012

Hi and thx!!

Problem solved!

With your information that the named destination
has a prefix (M8.newlink.) the command worked
perfectly in the Internet browser:

file:///c:/max_jan1.pdf#nameddest=M8.newlink.TagForMax

Stephen

At 01:57 AM 1/4/2012, Shlomo Perets wrote:
>Stephen,
>
>You wrote:
>
>>... I have a simple FM file (3 pages) with a
>>named destination created via a hypertext
>>command (Specify Named Destination) on page 2
>>and a hyperlink (Jump To Named Destination) to
>>it on page 3. I create the PDF file using the
>>Adobe Printer. In the PDF Setup I have specified Create links and Tags as well.
>>
>>I need to be able to open the file using a URL
>>command as below, in a navigator like Internet
>>Explorer. It should open to the correct location on page 2 using this command.
>>
>>file:///c:/max_jan1.pdf#nameddest=TagForMax
>>
>>The PDF opens to page 1, not page 2 where the
>>Named Destination is located. But the hyperlink
>>on page 3 works, as clicking it brings me to page 2, to the exact location. ...
>

>-- Are you opening the target PDF locally or is
>it web-based? Unfortunately, opening PDFs at a
>named destination functions reliably only when
>the target PDF is accessed from a web location.
>
>-- Inspect your PDF in Acrobat, and check
>whether the TagForMax named destination indeed
>appears in the Destinations panel. If you
>created the destination using FrameMaker's
>newlink hypertext marker, it would have a
>'M8.newlink.' prefix (see
>http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF12.html for
>more information).  Either change the HTML link
>to reflect the destination name, or edit the destination name in Acrobat.
>

>Shlomo Perets
>
>MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
>FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants

Stephen O'Brien
Coordonnateur à la documentation / Documentation Coordinator
Rédacteur technique senior / Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels inc. / InnovMetric Software Inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
www.twitter.com/PolyWorks
www.facebook.com/InnovMetric

PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform (TM)
PolyWorks, la plate-forme logicielle universelle de métrologie 3D (TM)