Recommended graphic file format for single-sourcing from

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Jan 16 10:07:51 PST 2012

Quite frankly, I don't know of anyplace where "Adobe" as a company officially recommends GIF for any graphics.

And JPEG certainly is not recommended by Adobe for anything other than "photographic" images, i.e. imagery that would not be more readily represented via text and/or vector graphics.

And unless one was really stuck with the need for raster image output, Adobe certainly recommends use of vector and/or text formats over any raster image format when there is a need to represent text and/or vector content.

            - Dov