Recommended graphic file format for single-sourcing from Frame to Robohelp?

Virginia Morgan virginia.morgan at takesolutions.com
Mon Jan 16 06:37:01 PST 2012

Thanks to all of you who responded for your input. It sounds like .jpg or .png will be the way to go - I will have to do more research and experimentation to determine which. I am only at the beginning of this process, but I appreciate pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you for the recommendation for the image converter, which will be incredibly useful for converting legacy documents I am sure. FWIW, there is no option to not include text, as the most important information in the graphics is the text from the screenshots: names of fields, etc. I don't think there's any way around that.

Any other experience/advice is appreciated. My recent graphic design experience has also led me to conclude that .jpgs work well for much more than photos, but the main reason we didn't use them in old versions of FrameMaker (6.0 and before) even with photos was that we got the "ugly gray box" which was annoying since you couldn't see your output until you produced a PDF. I'm assuming that "feature" is no longer the case? Like John, I would prefer to work with .jpgs if they produced the result I need. (Working in Windows XP, Frame10 currently.)

Thanks again,
Virginia