Recommended graphic file format for single-sourcing from Frame to Robohelp?

John Hogan hoganj1 at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 17:08:19 PST 2012

It was the 8-bit (256 color) PNG files that were a problem in FrameMaker.
They would add all 256 colors to the document color palette, which could be
annoying. It seems as though most graphics programs no longer have an 8-bit
option when saving png, 24-bit only these days, which do not mess with the
FrameMaker palette.

John

From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Mike Wickham
I don't use PNGs, but I seem to recall the issue that FrameMaker has of
creating hundreds of colors with PNGs only occurs when the PNGs are saved
with a bit depth other than 8. I'm sure someone more familiar with them will
pipe in.