Balancing frame sizes

Rod Fee Xtra rodfee at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 17 16:30:18 PST 2012

Hi,

I have  a problem with Framemaker that is similar to that met by those working in language tranlslations.

I am writing a novel that is in two parts. One is at the top part of the page and the other is at the bottom. Each chapter of the top novel has a corresponding and related chapter at the bottom novel.

I have set up a master page with a frame for each. As I write in the bottom frame it flows nicely onto the frame at tehe bottom of the second page. So far so good.

But of course the paired chpaters are different lengths.

Is there a way in which Framemaker can somehow automatically balance the two frames so that their relative sizes adjust and allow both chapters finish on the same  page?

Regards,
Rod