Splitting table cells in Framemaker

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Jan 25 11:33:19 PST 2012

On 25/01/2012 2:23 PM, Fred Ridder wrote:
> No. FrameMaker does not split table cells (or rows) across pages.
> Period. If you have a very tall cell, the only option is to creae a new
> row and manually split the content between the two cells.
>
> -Fred Ridder
>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 06:39:24 -0800
> From: banks_roman at yahoo.com
> Subject: Splitting table cells in Framemaker
> To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
>
> Hi everybody,
> It looks like a common/simple action, but I don't see an option for
> splitting a cell in a table. Googling this did not help either. Am I
> missing something?

Unless you are trying for a diagonal split.
You can kludge that by following this advice from Shlomo Perets:

"[ Following applies only if you are producing print / PDF outputs... ]

"As there is no such built-in feature, the best you can do is indeed
insert an  anchored frame in the cell, set it to Outside Column, drag
the frame into the cell (it can be slightly larger or small than the
cell), and draw a diagonal line inside the frame (inspect in larger
magnifications and in print).

"If the dimensions of the table cell change, you will need to adjust the
diagonal line accordingly.

"When placed inside a heading cell, the diagonal line will duplicate
properly on subsequent pages (if the table is split between pages).

"The heading text is part of the table cell (positioned through fixed
spaces or tabs, newlines)."

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers