FM + CMS + SMEs w/o $$$?

jackdeland at comcast.net jackdeland at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 10:58:20 PST 2012

All,

I have been tasked with finding a way to allow SME input directly into our publishing workflow. That is, the developers and managers would be able to edit text and add graphics to our source files. I want to keep FrameMaker as the publishing engine. I'm thinking a CMS would be in order, but the company is aghast at the thought of spending more than 10K a year on "word processing". I basically need functionality something like Author-it that ties into Frame. I could do single-sourcing with RH (we have TCS3.5). I'm thinking we would have 3 developers at a time who might be using the system, plus me. That's a budget of $2500 or less per year per user.

Can anyone point me toward some current resources here?

Thanks,

Jack DeLand