FrameMaker to Apple Pages (then to iBooks Author)

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 05:42:13 PST 2012

At 17:52 -0800 28/1/12, Scott Prentice wrote:

>The reason you may want to save from FM to Pages is so you can get your content into the Apple iBooks Author application (it only imports a Pages file).

I thought it also imports Word? See for example

<http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/> under 'Building a book'

Pages might well be preferable, though ;-) I evaluated it recently, and the only major issue I found was that - at least in the version I tried (4.0.3) - it had no concept of linking graphics, and just pulled them all into the Pages document, resulting in huge files and slowness. This might have been fixed by now.

--
Steve