Lists of Effective Pages and Sections

Böðvar Björgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 15:07:18 PST 2012

Hi Kristy,

There is a LEP Tool by SiliconPrairie
http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/ which I used a lot a few years back
with good results on both structured and unstructured FM books. This was
for FM 7, but I see that they have those available all the way up to FM10.
Fastest way is to go right to the Downloads page.

Brgds,
Bodvar Bjorgvinsson

2012/1/29 Kristy Nolan <Kristy.Nolan at wnco.com>

> Hi, guys!
>
> I am stumped. On Structured Frame 10, trying to create lists of effective
> sections and pages. These are requirements as front matter for our
> documents, two separate lists. The entire document is structured except for
> these lists and the TOCs. (If there is a way to generate these in
> structure, I am all for it, but not sure how to do that. Even the reference
> books I have don't seem to address the two together.)
>
> I get the general idea of how to generate the lists (Special/List of...)
> and have the correct elements appearing.
>
> I've started with the list of effective sections, where I have elements
> for my chapter title, section title, and subsection title, each with its
> associated revision date. On the reference page all of them are showing up
> as <$elemtextonly> in its paragraph [e.g., RevisionDate()LOP]. When I was
> in unstructured Frame, I could move these elements to a different paragraph
> and still retain the piece I was looking for. If I move the current
> $elemtextonly, it defaults to the new paragraph (understandable). The only
> way I have found to retain the right information is keeping all in separate
> paragraphs, but I am looking to have a title with a leader line to its
> revision date in one paragraph.
>
> Leads me to multiple questions:
> 1. At one point years ago I stumbled on a way to essentially have two
> paragraphs on one line (in appearance only). Anyone know how to do that? It
> is not a table, but that's all I remember.
> 2. Is there a way to get the proper elements to show up in one paragraph
> on the reference page?
> 3. Is there a better way to do this?
>
> I am happy to share a sample chapter (with its EDD) and what I currently
> have set up if someone has an idea. This is my first big project actually
> creating the EDD from scratch, so it is entirely possible I missed
> something completely.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Kristy
>

> Kristy Nolan
> Manager, Flight Operations
> Central Publications HDQ-1CP
> Southwest Airlines
> 2702 Love Field Dr.
> Dallas, TX 75235
> 214-792-6142
>

> ******* CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *******
> This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
> contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
> solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message
> is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this
> message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this message in error, please notify the sender
> immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/bodvar%40gmail.com

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found
difficult and not tried.
-- Gilbert K. Chesterton