Using Extendscript to Set PDF Options in a FrameMaker Book

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:50:31 PDT 2012

Hi all,

With some extremely helpful pointers from Rick Quatro, I believe I have
more or less figured out how this has to be done. The script would need to
do this:

1. in the FM book, save each file to MIF.
2. add/modify MIF statements in the file.
3. save the file back to the FrameMaker format.

For example, I have it figured out for the default PDF zoom level at least.
I had to review the mif reference guide (could only find it for FM 8, any
later guide out there?) and map that to the mif statements for FM 10
documents. They are similar to FM 8, but also slightly different. There's
the following MIF document statements:

     <DPDFFit None>
     <DPDFZoom  125.0%>

In each document in the book, I need to set the above MIF statements. Then,
the FM book will print the document to PDF, where the default zoom level is
125%.

A big thanks to Rick on this one.

Joe