FM10 Training in Boston or online in August

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:57:45 PDT 2012

Please, please, please makes sure your new person understands how paragraph and character tags work and has a basic understanding of master pages. Given the kind of odd stuff I've been seeing lately this might save a lot of trouble down the line. And make sure the Text Formatting toolbar is turned off (and stays off) in their installation. Here's and example of the kind of stuff I see: A document (label) with the most important single line formatted as a overridden paragraph tag and an overridden character tag named "As Is" (that is definitely not formatting things "As Is"). I forget how many extra (unused in any way) master pages it had, but the one it used was neither Right nor Left. Also, it might be wise to caution the new person not to click on the "Update All" button inside the character designer when they happen to be in an instance of a character tag. That seems to be what happened to a lot of the character tags I am seeing where "Bold" is redefined to be Arial and 9pt, etc. etc. etc. instead of just affecting the attribute to bold the text.