comparing variables in .fm files in FM10

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Jul 6 14:06:14 PDT 2012

I inherited this book so I don't know what kind of messes are lurking
in the source, so I want to check that all the variables in two .fm
files are the same before I modify one to update the other.

The obvious thing seemed to be to bring up the Variables pod and
switch between the two files to see if there are any differences, but
(1) the pod can't be maximized, (2) at its maximum size it displays
only about 2/3 of the variables, and (3) when I switch from one file
to the other the pod scrolls back up to the top. (What idiot designed
this?)

Suggestions? I can use the Select: All Open Docs option, but the
differences aren't as immediately apparent as switching between
windows, so I'm afraid I'll miss something.