[framescript-users] RE: Word to Frame hyperlink weirdness

Sat Jul 14 14:25:02 PDT 2012

Craig Ede wrote:

> I think the Adobe's recommendation is to just use File > Open on Word
> docs (rather than import). Doesn't Import just result in a text inset?

The Import dialog gives you two options. Import by Reference results in a text inset. Copy into Document pastes the contents of the Word doc (after filtering) into the FM doc.

The best way to get a Word doc into FM depends on the Word doc, the phase of the moon, and who knows what else, so it's best to experiment. IIRC, it's been suggested that the RTF Japanese filter is from a different company and works better (even for English) than the regular Word or RTF filters.

Keith's message (which I don't think appeared on FrameUsers) doesn't mention the FM version. For older versions of FM and newer versions of Word, you need to save the Word doc as RTF or as a Word 97-2003 doc, and that would be worth experimenting with even in FM 9/10.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom