Persistent issues with indexing in FM 9

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Jul 24 13:37:40 PDT 2012

On 23/07/2012 11:07 AM, Rob Shell wrote:
> Dear Framers:
> I posted a plea for help with an indexing issue of book.
> I have used the indexing function of FM for years with no problems.
> Now whenever I update my files I get a white screen and the application
> hangs.
> I have tried other files with the same result.
> I have reinstalled with a full uninstall, still no joy

> Rob Shell
> Windows Seven
> FrameMaker 9 patched
> 4 GB RAM
> 3 TB hd

Hi Rob,

Since FM 11 is available as a trial now, you might consider installing
it to see if the problem persists when you update your books using it.
(Different versions of FM can co-exist one one system.)  Sorry I can't
offer any diagnostics on the problem itself.

PS: please don't reply to the digest, as it clogs up everyone's inbox,
and please don't start a new thread by replying to an existing one --
that messes up threading in the archives.

Good luck with the indexing,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator