PDF Links

Anderson, Ben Benjamin.Anderson at bbvacompass.com
Mon Jul 30 08:02:33 PDT 2012

Hello Framers!

A question regarding hyperlinks.

I've got a FrameMaker book (50 files created using Frame 10).  I distill the entire book using Distiller X to create individual PDFs of each book file, including the TOC and index.  Both the PDF files and source Frame files all reside in the same folder on our company's shared drive.

Now, when I open a PDF in that shared drive folder, all of the TOC and Index entries work.  But, if I load those PDFs to the same folder on a SharePoint site for viewing through Internet Explorer, the links do not work.  For example, If I open the TOC PDF via SharePoint and want to go to a specific subheading in Chapter 1, it will open Chapter 1, but not to that subheading.  It opens on page one.

Has anyone encountered this?  If so, is there a workaround or do I need to create these PDFs differently?

P.S. The reason I don't create a single PDF is because that file would be too large for some of our end-users to access.

TIA!!!

BBVA Compass
Ben Anderson
Change Management - Systems and Procedures
Telephone: 512.371.4051
Fax: 512.371.4092
Mobile: 205.746.9310
Email: benjamin.anderson at bbvacompass.com
Austin Main - 5800 N. MoPac St., Austin, TX  78731
TX-AU-AU-OFS

Connect with BBVA Compass  Find us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/bbvacompass>   Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/bbvacompass>

Before you print this message please consider the environment. Antes de imprimir este mensaje, por favor considera el medio ambiente.

BBVA Compass is a trade name of Compass Bank, a member of the BBVA Group. Compass Bank, Member FDIC.