Ann/Re: Archive all imported files

Georg Eck eck at squidds.de
Mon Jun 4 05:01:13 PDT 2012

Hi David,

did you know the FINALYSER Book transfer feature? Here the online
manual:
http://www.finalyser.com/help/#page/Finalyser%2520Online-Help/Buchtransf
er.xml.08.1.html

You can archive all referenced images, text-insets, FrameMaker files and
books with this function.
If you want to re-import the referenced images as copy, then there is
another function in FINALYSER available.

Try FINALYSER, you can BUY* X GET X FREE still till June 30th.
Visit: http://finalyser-shop.com  and download the complete package
includes TERM CHECK.
More information: http://finalyser.com

If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me.

* You can also buy any single module only.

- Georg

-----Your Question-----
Subject: Archive all imported files

[Resending because I *always* forget we're on an ancient listserv...]

Hi, all;

I'm wondering what ever happened to Bruce Foster's "Archive" tool for FM
(v8). I am hunting around Carmen Publishing, Leximation,
Techknowledgecorp's Handy FrameMaker tools page, and various other
sites; and I can not seem to find it anywhere.

We just want to open a book, click a menu item, and have it "package"
the BOOK file and all of the FM, graphics, and text insets into a new
folder or ZIP file, for purposes of archiving and "freezing" revisions
(no, we don't have a CMS--got to do it all via folder/file operations).

If Bruce's Archive isn't available anymore, what other options do we
have? Seems like FrameScript could do it (of course) but I'm not sure if
that's our simplest or most cost-effective option (i.e., we don't need
"to pack a U-Haul for a weekend trip," so to speak).

Suggestions?
David