What's your top feature request for FrameMaker 11?

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Jun 6 10:52:44 PDT 2012

I've been away for a couple of days so I'm late to this discussion.

As a strictly Frame to PDF user (with heavy use of conditional text), I have no XML or Structured Frame experience, but I can see huge value in what Joseph is proposing.

There is no way I can make an ROI case for moving to Structured Frame - and I've done my homework on this - though I can see real potential in it. But it would be even better if I could do some of the things suggested in the discussion below, eg single sourcing to include knowledge base output without jumping through hoops.

I can also see the potential long term business value for Adobe - even if they have their heads stuck in the last century.

So in answer to your initial question... No, I don't think you're all wet. And if Adobe continues to ignore this potential, maybe there's someone out there with a business plan who can take this idea and run with it.

Alison

Alison Craig
Technical Documentation Lead

604-279-8550 | fax 604-279-8559 | toll-free 1-866-437-9508
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation | www.ultrasonix.com<http://www.ultrasonix.com/>