Frame > RoboHelp > Web app

Amy Super ASuper at confluence.com
Fri Jun 8 05:19:28 PDT 2012

This is a little bit more of a RoboHelp question than a FrameMaker
question, but since we're starting with Frame I thought I'd throw it out
to this group.

We're looking at a process flow of going from FrameMaker to RoboHelp for
online help, so that we have single sourcing for PDFs and some form of
online help. I've done this before at my last job, with output to
Microsoft HTML Help for an installed application. So doing context
sensitive work was a matter of a developer handing me a file with
MapIDs, and me  hooking everything up in RoboHelp.

But now, at my current position, we're looking to use the RoboHelp
output for a web-based application.

Does anyone have thoughts on:

1) What RoboHelp output formats work well for web-based apps?

2) Are there resources out there that describe how to get the
context-sensitive part of it to work? Thankfully I wouldn't be doing the
programming, but I'd need to point our developers to resources.

Thanks!

Amy Super