"No master pages applied because ..."

Wed Jun 13 09:14:50 PDT 2012

Nancy Allison wrote:

> We are using unstructured Framemaker 10 in a Windows 7 environment.
>
> My coworker is getting the error message:
>
> "No master pages applied because the MasterPageMaps table contains no
> mappaing information.
> Book Error Report
> C:\ ...\Blah.book"
>
> I googled this error message and the two discussions I've found concern
> structured FrameMaker, which we're not using.
>
> The error message gives the path to the book file. Does this indicate
> that the problem resides in the actual *.book file? What am I looking
> for?
>
> All suggestions gratefully received.

Context always helps, like telling us what your coworker is doing to get that message.

But I can take a guess. I bet your coworker is updating the book, and in the Update Book dialog box, Apply Master Pages is selected. Since you all aren't using the master page mapping function, that check box shouldn't be selected.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.