stability WAS: FYI: Deal for upgrading from FM7.x to FM10 ends June 15

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Jun 15 21:48:00 PDT 2012

I am using FM 10 on a Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit laptop system (also with 8 GB of RAM) and do not have any issues. Of course, it runs as a 32 bit application even though the OS is 64 bit.

So, I would definitely agree with FM 10 being more stable compared to FM 7.2, 8 or 9.  All those others had occasional funny behavior and crashes - with FM10, it is *very* rare to see any crash issues.

As an entirely separate point, FWIW, I still don't like the new UI in the recent versions of FM (that Adobe seems to have standardized in their other tools too), but have become a bit used to it now ... albeit still with a heavy sigh.