FM9 does not support helvetica font (any workaround)

Tue Jun 19 08:33:21 PDT 2012

Fred Ridder wrote:

> The appearance difference between Helvetica and Arial is not always so
> slight. If you are talking about all caps, the differences in most
> letterforms are pretty subtle (altough a few, like the capital R, are
> markedly different). But there are a few differences in lower-case
> letters that are dead giveaways and that significantly change the feel
> of the typeface.

Well, yes. But considering that the OP thinks FM doesn't _support_ Helvetica and doesn't know how to install fonts, I doubt that fine distinctions of typeface appearance are really an issue. :-) I thought it best to keep it simple.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom