how to italicize every instance of certain words

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Mon Jun 25 13:13:16 PDT 2012

Framers, I'm looking for ideas on how to ensure that certain words
and phrases in a document are always italicized whenever they are
used. Perhaps someone knows of a script that will do this. If not,
I'll ask Rick when he gets back on his feet. Ideally, there would be
an external master list of the words to be italicized. When opened,
the working file would access the master list of words and make sure
that any word in the list is italicized when it appears in the
working document. I should be able to add to the master list of
words; I'm not concerned about what happens if I delete a word from
the master list.

Restrictions: I'm not willing to do a search/replace operation every
time a working document is revised. And I'm not willing to do
anything more than type a word in the working document for it to be
recognized as needing italics. Although I have Silicon Prairie's
Autotext add-on, I don't think that it does what I need. I have a
vague memory of MSWord or some elderly word processor (the only kind
I'm familiar with since I'm elderly) having this functionality.

Any ideas?

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable