Searching the archive

Jay Mahler jmahler at freeimage.com
Thu Jun 28 13:35:25 PDT 2012

Thanks Alan and Mike.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the discussion that I needed. I guess I
just couldn't come up with the correct search string.

Here's my issue...

Using FM10 as part of TCS 3.5
Win 7

I'm creating very large, detailed, programmer-level documentation. It
seems best to include some material in more than one location in the
manual. Of course, I want single-source. Because of the different
heading levels at which the material will appear, it seems best to
insert these snippets as FM files within the two or three relevant
chapters. Just including the snippet files in the book doesn't work well
in this scenario, so I was thinking of using text inserts of FM files
within the chapter files.

The problem that I'm having is setting up cross-references and indexes
within these snippet inserts. I'd also like to use newlink markers in
the snippets and have gotolink markers reference the correct location
where a snippet appears. I'm using gotolink because I want the reader of
the PDF to be able to jump to the reference without having actual
cross-reference text inserted.

I know that I'm asking for a lot here. Does anyone have suggestions for
one or more of these issues?

Jay