single-sourcing PDF and "text with layout"?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Mar 12 18:22:46 PDT 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:27:35 -0700, Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com> wrote:

>I've got this pretty much working (FrameMaker 10 > MIF2Go > RTF > Word
>> Save As > Text with Layout) except for a couple of glitches
>appearing in the final conversion:
>
>1. The text with layout converter for Word drops tabs from headings,
>so bullets and numbered steps are collapsed, e.g. instead of "1. Click
>..." I get "1.Click ..."

In Mif2Go, set [CodeAfterAnum] for your list styles
to add a couple of fixed spaces, \~ in RTF:

[CodeAfterAnum]
ListStyleName=\~\~

>2. Random numbers appear at the end of headings, e.g. "Known Issues"
>comes out as "Known Issues26".

Those are not random, they are hidden-text page numbers
needed to emulate Frame's dynamic xrefs to pages.  Set:

[WordOptions]
ExtXrefPages=No

>I guess I'll ask about alternative Text with Layout converters on a
>Word-geek forum.

The Mif2Go User's Guide might be easier...  ;-)