paragraph spacing oddness

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Mar 13 14:44:27 PDT 2012

I have three paragraph tags, heading 1, paragraph, and Note.

heading 1: Above Pgf: 14pt, Below Pgf: 14pt, Line Space: 14pt, Fixed

paragraph: Above Pgf: 14pt, Below Pgf: 14pt, Line Space: 14pt, Fixed

Note: Above Pgf: 14pt, Below Pgf: 0pt, Line Space: 14pt, Fixed

None of these tags has a frame above or below defined on the Advanced tab.

I get 14pt / one line between heading 1 and paragraph, two paragraphs,
note and paragraph, or paragraph and note.

! get 28pt / two lines between Note and heading 1. I was getting three
lines before I set Below Pgf to 0.

What else could be affecting vertical spacing between paragraphs?