single-sourcing PDF and "text with layout"?

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Mar 13 15:08:16 PDT 2012

For the record, FM10 > MIF2Go > RTF > Word > Save As > Text with
Layout is working.

I created a second book for the text version since it has different
front matter. There's only one file in the book so I don't have to
combine output files. I pull in the text from the other book using a
text inset.

The Word text-with-layout converter seems to ignore tabs in Word
headings, so I replaced them with spaces in the FM autonumber
definitions.

Converter download:

http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

Some tips on getting it to work with Word 2010:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/savings-as-plain-text-with-layout/021972e3-937e-e011-9b4b-68b599b31bf5