character tags vs. TOC links

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Fri Mar 16 10:58:01 PDT 2012

Robert,

You wrote:

>Is there a FrameMaker add-on or PDF post-processing utility to work around
>that problem?

For production work, I used a FrameScript which duplicates the hypertext
marker found at the beginning of the TOC entry in all regions with the
different character properties.
(Such a script can be defined as an event script, so that it operates
automatically whenever the TOC is updated/regenerated.)

With FM10, this could be implemented via ExtendScript.

>Related question, did Shlomo move his definitive bug list or take it offline?

I found that I was unable to continuously update the list with new bugs and
workarounds for recent FM versions, because of time limitations. As a
result, the list became misleading; taking it offline seemed the best thing
to do. Sorry!

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants