Keyboard method to edit variables in FM9/10 ?

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Tue Mar 20 18:15:34 PDT 2012

Hi, Mary.

You *need* "BookVars" from Leximation (www.leximation.com<http://www.leximation.com>) - Scott Prentice has done a great job on this. It is my most heavily used add-on to FrameMaker and I recommend it highly.

You can download a trial from the site above ... basically, you edit an external text file (either directly from the tool or with a *text* editor - *not* a word-processing tool) and change all the content of the variables and then read them into the document or book in FrameMaker.

You start that text file going from a FrameMaker document by outputting the current variable values (using the menu item for the tool), and then edit it later with a text editor.