FM 10 - crashes and PDF bookmark settings

LGLists Lists at techcomplus.com
Fri Mar 30 15:36:41 PDT 2012

FM 10
Win 7 64 bit

I've been mostly happy with FM 10 since I upgraded a couple of months ago
from FM 8. A question and a note, though.

Question

It seems like FM 10 does not save my PDF bookmark settings. I can't recall
ever seeing this before, and it's really a pain in the neck. I select my
Adobe PDF printer, go in and set up my bookmarks by para style and the
levels, select None as the level to display, click Set, save the book (and
even when it does not crash), go right back in and the settings are gone.
What gives???

The settings do hold long enough for me to print to .ps, so I can distill,
as long as I don't go back into the PDF setup. Anyone else seeing this? Any
solutions?

If this is a new "feature," I hope we can get an update to remove it. It's
most annoying when you're in final production stages and have to generate
the PDF multiple times to get the final version.

Note

I started seeing FM crash when I saved a book. I found that I'm not alone. I
think it was related to having track changes turned on. After I turned it
off and accepted all changes, it seems to have stopped.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for this? Adobe, are you listening?
This is really annoying. I like to use track changes, and I like to be able
to save my book without crashing.

Thanks for any ideas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
STC Fellow
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com <http://www.techcomplus.com/>
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
Tutorials, "show me" demos, user guides, help, FrameMaker and WebWorks
ePublisher templates
RMIMA Secretary
www.RMIMA.org <http://www.rmima.org/>