Page Numbers in FrameMaker Status Bar

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri May 4 07:58:31 PDT 2012

On 04/05/2012 10:39 AM, Nancy Allison wrote:
> I'm using FrameMaker 10 in a Windows 7 environment.
> NOW I discover a useful feature chap-page numbering after switching to
> straight-through page numbering: when I'm working in a file in a book,
> the page number in the status bar corresponds to the page number in the
> current file.
> If I'm on page 8-17, the page number in the status bar at the bottom of
> the window is page 17.
> Now that I've switched a document to straight-through numbering, the
> former page 8-17 is now page 125 on my printout, but the page number in
> the status bar is still page 17.
> This is annoying.
> Is there a way to change the status bar numbering to match
> straight-through numbering? I don't see anything obvious in the help.
> Thanks for all suggestions.
> --Nancy

Nancy,

In my similar environment, the page status appears as "82 (2 of 18)" for
example, meaning the 82nd page of the book and the (page x of y) count
of the chapter.  I'm using the unstructured interface; are you?
Do you have the book file open, and have you updated the numbering for
the book?

s.

--
Stuart Rogers