Throw Sharepoint to the Curb and Use SVN Instead

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:51:48 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the FM 10 CMS integration with
sharepoint.  However, based on what I have been reading, it sounds like
this is really unstable and unreliable. I am urging anyone who is going
down the sharepoint route, to use SVN instead. I have been using SVN  for
several years, starting with FrameMaker 9. I have been using FrameMaker 10
with SVN for over a year. This integration just works. There is no muss, no
fuss. If you have a SVN repository set up, then you can just put the
FrameMaker files and you are off to the races. And SVN is free!!

The only downside is that because FrameMaker files are binary, there is no
way to do SVN diffs between two different versions of the same file.

Joe