FM9: Cross refs lost when building a PDF (Terri Schultz)

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu May 17 07:43:26 PDT 2012

On 16/05/2012 11:21 PM, Oran Petersen wrote:

> We started using extensive Cross-refs about 5 years ago. Experienced
> similar issues with some not working in pdf. ...
>
> Others may have more insight on this. We are now researching methods
> to create named destinations for our manually inserted hypertext
> markers without resorting to turning on the links setting.

You've done a lot of work in diagnosis!

I second Rick Quatro's suggestion to use TimeSavers, but in reading your
conclusions, I can also suggest that you try adding an Index of Markers
or similar generated file to your book, as the last file, which you then
never use or include in print or pdf.  From your research, it appears
that simply creating the file and updating the book would be enough to
guarantee working links.

best regards,

--
Stuart Rogers