Better Way to Assign Master Pages?

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:06:59 PDT 2012

Hello Framers,

Is there in Frame 9 a quick (or at least efficient) way of assigning
a master page to multiple body pages at once?

I am dumping text from one Frame doc into another that is essentially
a galley proof--one text frame with changing running heads based half
on heading tags and half on other content.

Applying a master page to a range of body pages (or all pages) in the
Master Page Usage dialog would take care of only a portion of my
document at best, since the running heads often change every page and
often are not consecutive. I tried mapping a master page to a heading
tag in the Master Page Maps reference page, but that doesn't seem to
work: once I manually apply a master page, the reference page setting
for "until changed" appears to function, but the master associated
with the heading isn't being applied automatically in the first
place. Maybe I don't understand the operation of the Master Page Maps
table?

I am wishing for something like QuarkXPress' Page Layout palette,
where one can click-and-drag a master page icon onto a page or group
of page icons to apply.

Hope I've just forgotten something simple--very possible since I only
do this project once a year. I don't look forward to applying master
pages manually hundreds of times.

Thanks,
Karen