font change not appearing in Autonumber

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Nov 14 15:40:38 PST 2012

FM10. Inherited documents, template has evolved over maybe 15 years so
there's a lot of legacy cruft.

I have a Bullet1 paragraph tag. Its Autonumber Format is l\t (that's a
lowercase L before the backslash). The Character Format for the
autonumber is Bullet. The font for the Bullet character tag was once
upon a time Zapf Dingbats but it gets remapped to Adobe Pi Std.

On my predecessor's machine, Bullet1 had a round bullet, maybe because
he had a different Zapf Dingbats, I don't know (machine has been wiped
so I can't check it). On my machine, instead of a bullet there's a
question mark.

I was unable to get font mapping to work so I hacked Adobe Pi Std to
add the bullet glyph from Zapf Dingbats BT Regular and map it to l.

If I type an l and format it with the Bullet character tag, it appears
as a bullet, but Bullet1 still has a question mark in place of a
bullet.

Suggestions?