Confluence 4 export: the one feature that would justify my upgrading from FM10

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Nov 16 09:37:20 PST 2012

It occurs to me that there's really only one feature that would
justify the expense of my upgrading from FM10: export to and import
from Confluence 4.

Export would allow me to put drafts on the wiki for review, comment,
and revision.

Import would allow me to bring such revisions back into FrameMaker for
release. It would also allow me to import drafts of new documents
written by SMEs.

(WebWorks ePublisher can publish FrameMaker docs to Confluence 3, but
it doesn't work well enough with Confluence 4, which uses XHTML
instead of wiki markup.)