Problem with Save as PDF (FM-10, Acro 9.5) - solved

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Fri Nov 16 10:20:57 PST 2012

> Finally i have managed to get a correct PDF
> (font, links) with the image on page 48:

Glad we could help! ;)

[FWIW, I do the same thing all the time: continually try to solve a
problem and post updates to the list, hoping I won't cause someone to
repeat my own failed attempts. Just poking some fun on a Friday...]

> I have converted the jpg to a pdf - and that
> solved the issue.

As a data point: I have all kinds of problems with JPGs in FM8, if I
save straight from Photoshop without using "Save for Web & Devices". No
idea why... and little time to experiment with color space crap.

I just favor PNGs, now, unless I *must* have a photo, then I use
Photoshop's "Save For Web & Devices" and it works like a charm.

This hppens on an inheritent business machine on which the previous
user(s?) installed all sort of other applications (OpenOffice, GIMP,
GhostView, etc, etc). As such, I'm sure Windows is half-crazed with
color profiles and file filters and such... and I don't blame it....

David