Replaced images not saved to XML?

Roger Shuttleworth shuttie27 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:34:09 PST 2012

Hello All

FrameMaker 11, DITA, with DITA-FMx installed.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this anomaly which has bitten us a few
times. If you replace an image using File > Import > File option,
FrameMaker does not replace the image location in the XML. The scenario
goes like this:

1. Create a concept topic.
Choose image1.png and shrinkwrap the frame.
3. Save the file.
4. Inspect the XML. The XML reads:

placement="inline" /></p></fig>

5. Close the file and reopen it.
6. Select the image inside the anchored frame, and delete it.
7. Select the anchored frame and do File > Import > File. Select
image2.png and shrinkwrap the frame.
8. Save the file.
9. Inspect the XML. The XML reads:

placement="inline" /></p></fig>

The new image location is not replaced in the XML, but the dimensions
are replaced. Result:
a. You have the wrong image in your file.
b. This wrong image is distorted to fit the original image dimensions
(insult added to injury!).

Can anyone confirm this before I send a bug report to Adobe?

Roger Shuttleworth
London, Canada