menu-command macro recorder utility for FM?

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Nov 27 10:59:03 PST 2012

Is there an old-fashioned menu-command macro recorder that's
compatible with FrameMaker 10?

I want to automate some simple but time-consuming build processes. For
example: open book, set conditions, update, save as PDF, set
conditions, update, close book, launch batch file to generate online
help.

Both ExtendScript and FrameScript require that I learn a complex
object model and neither comes with sample scripts or straightforward
documentation on doing the kind of stuff I need to do. Both seem
designed for developers who want to extend or customize the
application, not for end users who want to automate common tasks.