FrameMaker -> online help solution

Lynn Gold lgold at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 28 12:53:28 PST 2012

I have a bunch of FrameMaker 7 files that currently go through WebWorks
2003 to get turned into online help.

One of the sticking points of moving them to the current version of
FrameMaker is getting an online help solution that will work with special
marker tags that we've added to tell WebWorks 2003 where to break pages.

We aren't sure whether to go with RoboHelp, WebWorks ePublisher, or
something else altogether.  Any opinions?  With an already overloaded
group that's about to get smaller, we need a quick and (relatively) easy
solution, preferably one that doesn't require us to do anything special to
the FM files beyond moving them to the current version.

Thanks,

Lynn Gold
Information Developer
IBM, Santa Clara, CA