What is a "PI marker" or "programming instruction marker"

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Fri Nov 30 03:51:20 PST 2012

With due respect for Jeremy, whom I esteem greatly, I think he may have
overstated the case. You can get CHM output from oXygen with a few mouse
clicks, and you can easily customize its appearance using CSS. There are
also some ready-made parameter controls in oXygen, for example to create
breadcrumbs (although I just tried that option and I don't see them in
the output).

If you want to go further than that, you can either develop your XSLT
skills -- which is a wise strategy, but one you should view as long-term
-- or you can develop your Mif2Go/DITA2Go skills, which is a much easier
challenge and one that gives you almost as much control of the output.
(And if you're missing a control, Jeremy often adds one for you in an
amazingly short time.)