What is a "PI marker" or "programming instruction marker"

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Fri Nov 30 07:12:55 PST 2012

Sure... once we own it. ;)

It's a big enough team that procurement would want to negotiation for
multiple licenses. And that mean Q1.

---

Thanks to Jeremy's generous help and instruction, I now know what I
would have to do to deliver with D2G: maintain two file sets. I tried
adding the necessary code using a programmer's text editor, opened the
XML in FM, saved it again... and dear old Frame removed the "offending"
code. So, yeah... kind of 'not the point' of using DITA, if you have to
maintain it in parallel with FM binaries (we don't have adequate PDF
transforms, yet, to match our corporate style).

---

I'm enjoying the side discussion I've sparked--keep it up! Every little
bit I can learn about transforms and such will be of value, going
forward. We have a ... diverse... set of deliverables, and so I suspect
a lot of backend hackery will be in my near future.

David