No subject

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:26:52 PST 2012

As promised in an earlier post to the framers list, here are some concerns I have about the FM 11 codeview mode. I am also copying this to framemaker-dita at yahoogroups.com since it falls in that domain. Maybe I am missing something easy that would solve these issues. I would be happy to be made aware of ways of dealing with them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I find myself working in the FM11 codeview mode a lot and have the following complaints: I wish FM would leave my indenting alone and not collapse everything (or some things).I wish FM would not added navtitles and metadata tags that I don't need. This seems to happen when I save after returning to the WYSIWYG view (which I try not to do for that reason).The codeview interface often lacks a scroll bar when you enter it. Hitting the minimized and then maximize window icons gets them, but that should be fixed so you don't have to do that.
One more trying aspect of the current implementation: Since I am converting files to DITA I often work with a non-structured file open to consult or sometimes cut-and-paste from. This file disappears when I move to codeview, which makes sense since it does not have a structure with text to view. Returning to WYSIWYG mode always returns the file to a docked tab, so I have to reposition it to the other monitor again and again. Can't these windows just be left where they were placed? Enough for now. Craig Ede