Framemaker 8 freezing with Win7, do Frame 8 patches apply to Win7?

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue Oct 2 16:39:10 PDT 2012

You can find your two missing updates for FM8 here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

But I think what you really need is the "Adobe FrameMaker 8 with Windows
XP SP3 fix <detail.jsp?ftpID=4549>" at the top of the FrameMaker 8 patch
list. If I recall correctly, that patch (actually a full reinstallation)
was released *after* FM8's end-of-life. I'd bet that it's what you need
for XP SP3 and later, including Vista and Windows 7. But I'm not sure.
Hopefully, someone else who is using FM8 on Windows 7 will know.

So my guess is that you need to uninstall FM8 and reinstall it using the
SP3 fix to use FM8 on Windows 7. Or run FM in a virtual machine.