Ann: Need ideas - Moving large files from one folder to another withoutbreaking links

Georg Eck eck at squidds.de
Thu Oct 4 06:38:08 PDT 2012

Hi Salome,

do you know the "Finalyser" Family for FrameMaker since FM5 (formerly
TOOLBOX for FM 5 - 9)?
Today there is a collection of very brilliant Plug-ins and ExtendScripts
for FM 10 or Fm11.

Announcement: Oct, 4th - Finalyser is now available for FM10 and Fm11
(valid with same license).

Benefit: Save money and save your time!

For your requirement you can take "Book transfer" to copy many books in
a book or thousands pages in a book,

with all referenced files to another location without breaking links.

More information see the online help* of Finalyser "Book transfer":

www.finalyser.com/help/index.html#context/Finalyser_Online-Help/booktran
sfer

*) New from now with context-sensitive URL with TopicAlias Marker

Download and trial (NOW for FM10 and for Fm11):

www.finalyser-shop.com

-          GEorg

Subject: Need ideas - Moving large files from one folder to another
withoutbreaking links

Does anyone know of  a program that will allow me to move several files
to another folder without breaking links to graphics in other folders?
We've imported graphics by using the "import by reference" option
instead of copying the graphics to the document. We've done this because
copying the graphics into the document bloats it. Our manuals have been
created by several writers over the years. I have hundreds of files to
move but haven't done it yet because of this issue. I could open each
book file and FrameMaker files and just archive them but again, there
are hundreds of these things to move.

Any ideas are certainly appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

Salome Abungu