Frame 10 Save as PDF error AdobePDF printer not found

Chris Coggins cacoggins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:13:43 PDT 2012

We have a coworker running Windows 7 and Frame 10 in unstructured mode and
is unable to save frame documents to .pdf. I know there have been alot of
save-to-pdf issues discussed recently and was wondering if this particular
issue was addressed.

When the user tries to save as PDF, the error that's reported is that the
Adobe PDF printer instance can't be found.  When the user tries to print to
pdf, there is no choice to select Adobe PDF as the printer. If I'm not
mistaken, isn't this installed during the Framemaker installation process?

Note this user also has Acrobat X std installed.

Ultimately we were able to print to .ps, then use Distiller to convert to
.PDF successfully with no formatting issues. Any ideas why the save as PDF
isn't working properly on the user's system?

Thanks,
Chris