anybody running FM10 in Linux?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Sat Oct 6 20:02:19 PDT 2012

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 11:45:19 -0700, Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com> wrote:

>I'm in a Linux shop. I have Cygwin but dealing with cross-platform
>file and network issues is still a constant pain. Is anybody running
>FM10 successfully in Linux using WINE or the like?

I don't think that will work due to the "activation"
software.  But I'd love to be proved wrong.  ;-)

>I also need to use RoboHelp, MIF2Go, and Word for single-sourcing
>various output formats but I could dual-boot to Windows for that.

Note that Mif2Go runs Frame itself, to make the MIF,
and therefore must be on the same system as Frame;
some of its parts must live in Frame subdirectories.

While it can process existing MIF without Frame, you
lose a lot of functionality (like graphics conversion)
that way.  It's really only intended for use in
automated build systems, where the writer has already
run it with the very same MIF files and verified the
results are as desired.

Since you have Mif2Go, why do you need Robo at all?
Its Web help is seriously inferior to OmniHelp.  ;-)

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/